Kemco Plumbing and Heating take every precaution while working in your home to work safely. They do so to ensure you are safe and their own families remain safe. As heating engineers, we can carry out heating system repairs, maintenance and servicing to ensure the safe operation of heating and hot water systems. This might mean part replacement or full boiler replacement if the appliance is beyond economical repair.
Vaillant supply a handy PDF for the homeowner. You can download it here.
We will only come to your home if we are well and have no symptoms. We will keep to the two-metre distance from any occupants of the house and we will not come to a job if someone in the house is shielding or thought to have the Coronavirus.
- On the day of the work, we ask you to contact us if you or any occupants have signs of the virus, have been diagnosed, or are self-isolating to discuss the appropriate course of action.
- We will explain to customers what we will be doing, and why, and that you will need to maintain a safe distance from us (2m or 6 steps away is current Government advice), including when waiting for you to open the door.
- Our team will not shake hands with the customer or other occupants.
- We will ask if the occupants can stay in another room, away from the work area(s) whilst the work proceeds, and with permission ventilate the work area where appropriate, e.g. by opening a window
- We will wash our hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, at the start of the job and after (also during the work). We will carry your own sanitising equipment.
- We will use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- We will wear suitable work gloves
- If conditions put any of our team at risk at any point, we will undertake a personal risk assessment and leave the premises if necessary. We will re-plan for a future date if appropriate, after ensuring everything is made safe.
- We will take an electronic signature where possible and pens, tablets and mobile phones will not be shared with customers. We can email over a job completion form.
- All tools used within your premises will be wiped down before using for another job. Operational rubber gloves and disinfectant will be used.
- Any PPE equipment will be placed in a plastic bag for disposal before moving on the next job. This will avoid cross-contamination.